Required Paperwork

Taking animals from the US to CR

Taking animals from CR to FL

If you want to take your cat or dog with you from Costa Rica to the United States, you must have a veterinarian certificate of good health in Costa Rica, as well as an export authorization from the Costa Rican Ministry of Agriculture (SENASA-Cuarent).

When bringing a pet from another country, an import permit is required from Costa Rica. A health certificate must be obtained for you and your pet to travel together. To be eligible for USDA endorsement, the health certificate must be issued by a USDA-accredited veterinarian.

To enter the US: